Fact of the Week
Players first wore names on the backs of their shirts in the League Cup and FA Cup Finals of 1992-93.
Are you itching to know Theo’s advice on how to get ahead and improve your game? Watch him share some of his top footie tips here!
Watch Theo’s Top Tips.
Adobe Flash player 9 or higher is required to view the video player.
5 top tips to improve your game
1. Make sure to follow your team’s training plan closely and rest when it says to! Recovery is really important to maximise your performance at big games.
2. Eat a healthy diet (make sure to have 3 good meals a day, get enough protein and carbs, and eat lots of fruit & veg) and drink lots of water to make sure your body is really hydrated. This will help your speed & energy.
3. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. This will help your alertness and response speed.
4. Practice your skills at home and with your friends – have mini-competitions to see who can do the most keepy-uppys!
5. Have fun! Keep smiling and enjoy playing, even if it doesn’t always go your way. A really good attitude will make you a more valuable player on any team.